Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5/23/12 Excellent Elk Viewing for Holiday Weekend

Elk watching is great but you have to get out of bed for the best experience. This morning we saw 4 herds spread across the valley. They were heading for cover as soon as the light hit the valley, about 7:30AM.  This is the summer pattern.

Fans of bull elk will enjoy seeing the "big boys" growing their antlers for the 2012 season. I am certain I saw the Prince of Boxley this morning. He is not going to have as perfect a rack as last year, but the start of his drop tines is evident. He is a bit larger than last year and should be a contending major herd bull in the 2012 rut.

Elk calving anytime now.

Be safe and drive slowly in Boxley Valley.



Elk Herd Positions in Boxley Valley 2/23/12 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.