Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mourning Cloak Butterfly

Mourning Cloak Butterfly at Sunrise
There seem to be a lot of Mourning Cloak Butterflies around this year. Lately I have seen quite a few near our home bordering the Ponca Wilderness. I think it is a pretty good addition to your butterfly collection.

If you want to get detail in that very dark wing you need to overexpose in most situations.  I don't think this species is rare, but it is not common around my home.  Maybe all the rain this year has changed things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.