Friday, April 19, 2013

4/19/13 Elk Viewing Good, Wildflowers Outstanding

Wild Plum Blossoms near Broadwater Falls
Elk viewing is strong in Boxley Valley especially in the south end near the trailhead to the upper
wilderness.

The big news this week are the dogwood trees that are blooming everywhere. Waterfall fans will want to visit to get their chance at dogwoods and redbuds framing the waterfalls. The waterfall flow is now very good -- this is in an outstanding opportunity.

Floating conditions are outstanding in all areas of the river.

Hiking conditions are also ideal.

We are now entering the peak of spring season with many things to do.  It is a great time to vist the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.