Friday, August 23, 2013

First Rutting Bull for 2013 -- Rut a Month Off

The real action for the 2013 elk rut is weeks off, but as has been the case for now the 3rd year running, Twinforks is the first rutting bull, and he is at least 2-3 weeks early. This year he is bigger and his antlers are larger.  He has a distinctive forked tine on his left antler. Last year his antlers were smaller and he had 2 forks.

This morning he was down by the old sawmill across from the Boxley Church. Fog makes photography difficult. I shot him today at ISO 2,000.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.