Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12/4/13 Ice Storm Coming -- No Elk This Morning

Wild animals will let you know when something is up. For 2 days now the elk have been holed up in the woods. Now we know why.

Driving conditions could prevent me from checking the herd tomorrow morning and maybe for a couple of days. It is not clear exactly when things will be getting bad Thursday, but if the forecast is only half correct this will be a tough storm.

On the mountain tops we really get hammered with ice storms. In 2009 we were without power for 8 days as I recall. Our 21 acres is only now recovering from that ice storm. Yesterday I bought 50# of sunflower seeds. The birds will need it for sure if the forecast holds.

I will be writing something for sure one way or another so check back.

2009 Ice Storm, Beautiful But Scary

2009 Ice at Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.