Monday, December 2, 2013

Boxley Valley Eagle

We are in eagle season now. Locals will tell you it is from Thanksgiving to Valentines Day. We do have a year round population of eagles, but there are clearly more now. 

The two best places to see eagles in Boxley Valley are the low water bridge at the Ponca Access, and at the Mill Pond. 

The picture below is not the best on a foggy day, but you get the idea. I spotted this eagle by looking for the bright white of his head.  

Eagle viewing is stronger in the lower reaches of the Buffalo River because there are more fish and it is a bigger river.  

December Bald Eagle, Boxley Valley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.