Saturday, April 28, 2012

4/28/12 Better Lucky than Good

Rare Picture of Bull Elk in April Crossing the Buffalo National River
Better lucky than good. This is a picture I have imagined but never thought I would get. These bulls only this month shed their antlers. Already they are growing replacements. This is very early velvet. The big thing is that they are crossing the river.

Elk are in a summer pattern now. If you want to get the bull shots, you better be here at daybreak. As soon as the sun hits the fields, they disappear -- about 8:00AM. You still have to be a bit lucky because bull elk are very timid. Often they are way back in the fields along the cane lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.