Monday, August 27, 2012

8/27/12 Elk Rut Near, Elk Herd Locations Stable

Spike Elk
Not the Brightest Light 8/27
This morning the elk herds returned to the pattern that has dominated the last 30 days.

There are 2 major herds in the valley, 1 has been in the field just north of Smith Creek for at least a week. The second is hanging around Moore Creek near the intersection of highways 43 & 21.

Pooled water in a low river has really enhanced wildlife viewing. I got a few otter pictures today that are on my all-time list. Check back later for pictures. Whitetail photography is good in the valley now as well.

Major announcement coming on new elk viewing resource.

The early elk rut is now just 2 weeks off, main rut 3 weeks off.  8/27/12 elk herd location map is below.

Arkansas Elk Map August 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.