Friday, February 14, 2014

2/13/14 2 Elk Herds in Boxley Valley, Wild Trumpeters Still on MIll Pond

Elk returned to the fields after all the snow storms. Two herds yesterday, one in the second Ponca field, and a second down by Smith Creek.

I am sure the bulls are around, but I didn't see them when I did my survey yesterday. Yesterday was the first day I have been able to get out in about 2 weeks. Our road is a sheet of ice.

Be sure to visit the mill pond and check out the uncollared trumpeter swans. There are 4 of them and they do not seem to mix with the non-migrating collared swans. They have been on the pond now for a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how long they stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.