Monday, February 24, 2014

Winter Sunrise Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley hiking trail is one that keeps you coming back. In late winter you can sense that spring is coming. It is a multi-sensory treat.  Wild turkey, hawks, crows and woodpeckers broke the silence. The sweet scent of the air is reason enough to love this place.

I had the place to myself on this day. As I walked back to my car, I got a picture of the sunrise cross lighting the trail and igniting the beech leaves in the distance at the trailhead.

Just a few weeks from now, the 2014 wildflower season begins. The first signs are in place. It looks like we have one more wave of arctic cold and then we are on our way.


Winter Sunrise at Lost Valley Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.