Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My First Wildflower for 2014

White Trout Lily Lost Valley 2014
Erythronium albidum
White trout lily Lost Valley hiking trail. I would say looking at the flower bed that the trout lilies have been up a few days now. That would put the delay in the wild flower season at about a month or so compared to 2013.

This compo is unusual for me with the subject centered, but I like the alignment of the bud with the bloom. Also, to me the texture and ribs of the leaves focus the eye on the subject.

If it interests you, I took this with my 100-400 telephoto and it is hand held.

Lost Valley was pretty full when I finally got to visit today. A photographer I met confirmed that Eden Falls is running pretty hard.

People are also floating the Buffalo. The river is running pretty hard.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.