Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/12 One Elk Herd in Valley

Harbinger of Spring
This morning there was only one elk herd in Boxley Valley. It is located up by the Ponca Access. The herd that was at the south end has moved off to a back field.  I think it is still in the same zone so it could show up any day.

Perfect wildflower weather is really stimulating the growth of foliage. The Harbinger of Spring flowers are in bloom. These tiny flowers are always early in the lineup. A good bloom of them is located at the Ponca Elk Education Center's wildlife trail. You will also find them near creeks and the river.

The latest elk herd map is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.