Monday, February 20, 2012

2/19/12 Elk Herd Locations

Pretty good elk viewing now. There are now 3 herds in the valley. One small bull herd in the field behind the mill pond. 2 other herds including one that is pretty stable around the Ponca Access at the north end of the valley, and the second that has been moving all around the south end. This second herd is now just south of Moore Creek, south of the 43/21 intersection.

Wildflowers will be blasting off anytime now. We just need to string together a few days of warm weather with no frost. Harbinger of Spring is in bloom now, we can expect the White Trout Lilies to be coming along in a couple of weeks. This will be early.

February 2012 updated elk herd location map is below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.