Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12 Elk Herd Locations

The elk herds have returned to the pattern that has been dominant for the last month or so. 

The 4 elk herds are in the Ponca fields, an all bull herd is about mid-valley just north of the Mill Pond, a herd behind the mill pond, and a 4th herd just south of the 43/21 intersection. 

Viewing is pretty much all day now in the cold weather with the exception of the all-bull herd. Most days when the sun is coming up, these big guys are heading for the bedding areas. If you want to see big bulls, you need to get to the valley before sunrise and watch the show until the sun hits the pastures. 

Today's elk herd map is below:

12/12/12 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.