Friday, December 14, 2012

12/14/12 Elk Map & Weekend Outlook

Elk viewing is very good now and roughly about as good as it gets. I would estimate there are over 100 elk in 4 herds in Boxley Valley now -- a 25% increase over last week.

Weekend viewing should be very good. Elk like rain and cloudy weather. Remember to get out early to see the all-bull herd in mid-valley.

This morning I saw a bald eagle hunting the river down by the Ponca Access. Visitors should be looking for eagles now, especially near the mill pond.

Be careful driving along the stretch of 21 down by Cave Mountain Road. A big herd is there now and it is grazing right on the roadside.

12/14/12 Elk Herd Location Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.