Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2/13 Elk Celebrate the New Year with 4 Herds

 Happy new year.

4 elk herds open the 2013 elk viewing season. They are all located from the Highway 43/21 intersectoin and north to the Ponca fields. I would estimate the total number of elk at over 100. The two biggest herds are at the 21/43 intersection and in the Ponca fields.

I saw a bald eagle hunting the river just upstream from the Ponca access. Always check the Ponca Access not only for eagles, but otter. Occasionally you will catch the elk in the river.


2013 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.