Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pictures of the Day 1/26/13


This morning in Lost Valley was enchanting. I have the place to myself. I am sure that has changed now, but I want to share the sunrise experience in Lost Valley. It is magic even in January. The picture below was taken just east of the natural bridge. Today I saw the first signs of wildflowers -- I think they will be quite early this year.

January Sunrise at Lost Valley Trail
January Sunrise at Lost Valley Hiking Trail
Of course in Boxley Valley there is always more for wildlife watchers. The elk did not disappoint today. I get there quite early and today one of my favorite bulls "Twinforks" was posing in front of an old barn. In 2012 he was the bull that seemed to be jumping in front of my camera all year.

Twinforks at Sunrise, Boxley Valley
Twinforks at Sunrise, Boxley Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.