Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2/6/13 First Wildflowers Have Arrived Early

Just a quick note. Today I saw a number of wildflowers very early, perhaps a month early.

Harbinger of Spring was joined by Bluets, Johnny Jump Up, and a White Trout Lily -- all in bloom. Earlier I saw Dead Nettle in bloom. Also today some spring frogs were chirping and on the Boxley Mill Pond I observed sunning turtles.

Global warming is changing the cycles of nature. Looks like the early wildflower season will be very early this year. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.