Friday, February 8, 2013

2/8/13 Elk Viewing Great -- Best Bull Viewing So Far

This morning was exceptional for bull elk viewing and photography. The big guys were mid-valley and close to the road.  Prince and another big bull did some spirited sparring that required me to dial back to 300 mm to photograph.

Otherwise there is a good sized herd with a bull in the Ponca fields, and another good sized herd hanging around Smith Creek. The bulls are just north of the mill pond in mid-valley so there is viewing from end to end in Boxley Valley.

The big news is the early arrival of the wildflower season. Recent rains and warm weather have stimulated an early bloom. I will be blogging on this later. What we are witnessing is global warming.

The February 8, 2013 elk herd map is below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.