Friday, February 1, 2013

2/1/13 Elk Viewing Great

Elk and wildlife viewing is very good now in Boxley Valley. This morning there were 4 herds visible and 2 were very close to the road. It was 18 degrees, perfect elk weather.

On the mill pond there has been pretty big flock of ducks now for a couple of weeks. The 2 resident trumpeter swans add to the show.  Yesterday there was a bald eagle hunting the pond, and this morning there were 2 otter.

Expect wildflowers to bloom early this year. Warm weather has them sprouting already. I photographed the first bloom of 2013 a few days ago -- Dead Nettle. I am certain Harbinger of Spring will show up next week at the latest, and shortly thereafter the rest of the early spring crew.


2/1/13 Elk Herd Location Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.