Friday, January 17, 2014

1/17/14 Elk Herd Locations -- Elk Viewing Poor for 2 Days

My guess is that moonlit nights and the high river conditions have affected elk viewing negatively. It would be nice to have some stable weather patterns to settle things out. This morning and last evening there were only a few bulls visible at the south end of the mill pond.

I think with high river conditions otter feeding in the mill pond are far more likely than under normal conditions. Definitely pay close attention to the pond when you visit. The river has been running pretty hard now for a while.

The 1/17/14 map is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.