Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1/1/14 Elk Herd Location Map

Elk showed up for new years day.  With the exception of an all bull herd just north of the mill pond, the elk were near the Buffalo River in the south end, and again in the deep south end past the trailhead.

No otter today when I was around the pond, but there is no reason to believe they are not there for a stay. There are a lot of fish in the pond, and the river is running relatively hard and has less fish. I would definitely check for otter in the pond in any visit to the valley. There has been an eagle hanging out around the mill pond as well recently.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.