Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1/22/14 Elk Herd Locations -- Bugling Bull Today & Herd

Aside from small groups of bulls in the mid-valley area, a large herd showed up today in the south end just north of Smith Creek.

This herd is headed up by the second tier bull I call Chaos, a truly strange looking bull. He bugled this morning 5 times in the span of about 2 minutes. This is the latest bugling bull I have ever observed in the valley. His herd is about 40 elk.



Elk and Herd Bull by Smith Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.