Thursday, November 10, 2011

11/10/11 Elk Herd Locations & Full Moon Slump

Pickin's were slim this morning, however, if you got out at daybreak the all bull herd down by the 43/21 intersection was close to the road.

We are on a full moon now. Often elk seem to feed at night under these conditions. It is interesting to visit the valley at night and see if you can spot the elk. Around here full moon light can be pretty bright. Often this impacts elk viewing.

The Buffalo National River is running pretty hard for any of you interested in floating. Check http://buffaloriverchamber.com for information on river levels and outfitters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.