Saturday, November 5, 2011

11/5/11 4 Herds in Boxley Valley Now -- Location Map

4 elk herds in the valley this morning.

A surprise arrival was the large herd just south of the Ponca Access this morning. A herd was behind the mill pond. Two more herds were on the opposite sides of 21 down by the Upper Wilderness Trail Head. The cold weather has definitely changed things. Overcast skies this morning extended elk viewing until after 9AM.

The south end remains the best spot for elk bugling. Prince is in the south end.

Good elk viewing has returned. Today's map is below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.