Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/22/12 Redbuds Peak Now, Dogwoods Starting

Dogwoods Are Starting to Blossom in Many Locations
I know some of my readers like to take waterfall pictures framed in redbuds and dogwoods if they are in bloom. For your information, this must be peak weekend for redbuds and dogwoods are just starting to bloom.

I doubt there will be better waterfall weather in 2012 than right now. The heavy rains have the water table topped off and more rain is predicted tonight, perhaps as much as a half inch. After that, this will  be perfect weekend weather for hiking and camping.

If you have been waiting for ideal hiking and waterfall photography weather, this is about as good as it gets. The falls will be running hard for a couple of days.

The wildflower show is very good now too.

If you want to float, watch the river gauges at the Buffalo River Chamber of Commerce website.
They shows data for each river gauge and the recommended floating levels below the gauge. As I write this, the river is just too high to float for the average person. It does drop very fast in about 4 or 5 days as a rule with no further rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.