Monday, March 26, 2012

Jacob's Ladder at Lost Valley
There are now two elk herds in Boxley Valley, one at Ponca and a second just north of Cave Mountain Road. Usually when a herd locates in the field near Cave Mountain Road it is moving somewhere else. This one could be moving north or south to better pastures.

The wildflowers continue to march on. The season is so early this year. The earliest species are gone now. If my memory serves me correctly, this is very fast. There are more species on the way like the Virginia Waterleaf, one of my favorites. The bloom for all species is heavy, rain and warmth has been ideal. The next two weeks or so could be the peak for the entire season.

Remember to be safe in hiking the slippery rocks on many trails. Our water table is high and water seems to be seeping everywhere. Hiking is absolutely outstanding now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.