Friday, May 2, 2014

Dogwood Photography Tips

There are lots of ways to interpret dogwood trees and their blooms. Your imagination is the limit really. Here are some random thoughts on what you might do to step out from the ordinary dogwood photo.  Remember these white blooms are prone to over-exposure and the loss of all texture. I like to underexpose, then bring back the brightness in post-processing. 

dogwood tree
Ordinary but Photographed in Cutting Evening Light
Isolate Single Blooms for Impact

Why Not Bottom Shots? 

Explore Backlight, Bokeh, & Natural Frames



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.