Friday, May 2, 2014

Dogwood Trees are at Peak -- Time to Visit

We are fortunate. Our land that borders the Ponca Wilderness is covered with dogwood trees. I would estimate we have at least 50-70, but there could be more. They are at peak bloom now.

My hike today in Lost Valley, and here around our land showed the very early signs of a petal drop. Not sure how much longer they will last, but if you want to visit to see the dogwoods, now is the time. The first big thunderstorm could really knock them down as they enter the end of their blooming period.

white dogwood bloom
Dogwoods at Peak, Get Here Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.