Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fun With Hummingbird Photography

These photos are challenging with a lot of misses, but the cool thing is that you get photos that are impossible to time. That is what I am going for. Note that in the second photo, the perched male hummingbird's tail is fanned out. He knows the attack is coming. He vanished in an instant, gone in the very next frame, replaced by the female. 

As you learn a new subject, you find the compositions that please you. For me multiple hummingbirds in one photo are that preferred compo, ideally with one or both birds flying. I much prefer the first and second photos below, and especially the second because the two subjects are connected by the attack.

Ruby Throated Hummingbirds

Ruby Throated Hummingbirds

Ruby Throated Hummingbirds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.