Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nesting Pileated Woodpecker

This picture could be better, but it is one I have spent quite a bit of time getting. This pileated woodpecker built a nest out back in a dead pine tree. I spent at least 5 sessions sitting waiting for any decent picture. It seems like any time I would look away this bird would fly off. 

Things have changed now. I think there are babies and she comes back rather than flying away and staying away. This morning I finally got the picture. I will be working this nest for a while now. 


Pileated Woodpecker at Nest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.