Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1/10/2012 Updated Elk Viewing Report & Map

There was only one herd in Boxley Valley the last two visits. It has been located in the southernmost field near Smith Creek on the south end of the valley. This was probably the best single location to view elk in 2011. The field is largely fallow and it is close to quality refuge and water.

Elk graze in the woodlands about as much as in pastures. This year's outstanding acorn harvest has given them many food choices. Perhaps they have spent a bit more time in the woodlands that other recent years.

Latest location map is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.