Thursday, January 19, 2012

1/19/12 Great Elk Viewing, Beautiful Weather

Prince in Bachelor Bull Herd
This morning there were two herds in the valley. One near Ponca, the second around the 43/21 intersection. Neither herd was in a field that competed with livestock. This is pretty standard.

I got a nice picture of Prince, a few actually. He has put on some weight since the rut. His focus is now on eating and recovering from the rut.

Absolutely perfect elk viewing weather for this weekend. Photographers will want to consider landscapes as well.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.