Thursday, April 3, 2014

Waterfall Fan Alert -- Falls Running Hard

Eden Falls HDR Photo, Lost Valley Trail
Eden Falls, Lost Valley Trail
The water table is very high now and Buffalo River waterfalls are flowing hard. Rain today, and predictions for tonight mean that this weekend should be about as good as it gets.

Some of the flowering trees are now starting as well.  This morning I saw some, but not all, red buds blooming. Also some flowering plums. I expect dogwood blooms within the week. Wildflowers are strong now as well.

If you are going for the "cottony" look, slow shutter speeds are the rule. Another choice is taking an HDR, that offers that soft look, and more interpretive choices . I prefer HDRs.

If you want to get that special "roaring waterfall" picture like this one on the right, now is the time. These next 2 weeks will be outstanding. Rain is predicted most of next week. This great waterfall weather should last.

Be sure to check the weather reports. Our weather can change from day to day, one way or the other. There is a lot of rain predicted, I think overall that prediction is pretty reliable. It will be wet. If experience is any guide, I think if you plan to visit, check every day and be prepared to shift your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.