Monday, October 13, 2014

10/13/14 Elk by Ponca Access Road after Storm, River High

Mandy and I got back from LR late this afternoon and drove through Boxley Valley. The main Ponca Elk herd was just coming out when we arrived at 3PM.  No doubt they holed up during the big rain storm. Not sure how much rain fell, but the river is running quite hard now.  All the waterfalls will be running well for days. Another half inch of rain is predicted for today and perhaps a half inch tomorrow. Our land is saturated I assume it is about the same everywhere. Shooting should be good tomorrow.  The elk will be out if there are no thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.