Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10/15/14 After Storms, Elk Returning to more normal Pattern



This morning the elk were in the Ponca Fields. Last night a good sized herd bedded down near the access road to the Ponca Access. I saw them about 7AM when I went through the area. If you like to float we now have a rare fall opportunity in the upper river, contact one of the outfitters listed at buffaloriverchamber.com for more information. Elk viewing in the Ponca Fields should be good all weekend. There are 2 bulls with that herd, they are close in size so they could fight anytime. The weather is ideal, after a couple of warmer days temperatures are turning down to the 60's beginning Sunday through Friday the 24th. 

This weekend the 17th and 18th  from 10AM to 4:30 each day is theColor Fest at the Ponca Elk Education Center. After taking a year off, I am doing a free photography workshop at 2PM both days. Please call the Center to reserve your seat. See the flyer below. The timing for Color Fest is ideal, 10AM is about the time that elk viewing ends most days. 870-861-2432. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.