Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Evening 10/4 Report

Elk viewing this evening was  outstanding.  I witnessed my first bull fight of 2014 in the Ponca Field just north of the pullout. It was brief, but one I had predicted. These 2 bulls are about equally matched and will fight again. Their herds are fairly close together so that guarantees there will be more fights. The valley was full of cars and some bikers.  They heard a lot of bugling and had great opportunities for photos. NPS rangers ticketed people for illegal parking. I have a video of the fight that I will post, I don't think it lasted a minute, but it was the real deal. Sunday morning should be great end-to-end in Boxley Valley. Best in the Ponca Fields.  Got a reliable report on an otter shoot at the Low Water Bridge today.  Be there at 10AM to have good chances to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.