Monday, September 10, 2012

9/10/12 Elk Herd Map

Elk were scattered across Boxley Valley this morning. The first rutting herd that was in the south end has moved to the Upper Wilderness for a day or two (further south). This is a pretty standard field rotation for the south end -- I expect them back before the weekend if not in a day or so.

As noted on the map below, two other normal sized herds were evident. One is up by Ponca, and a second by the 43/21 Intersection. A third loosely organized herd was in the first field just south of the elk pullout. There were enough animals in that group to note, but it did not seem very organized.

There were scattered elk elsewhere.  Be on the lookout for elk feeding on roadsides everywhere in Boxley Valley.

Updated 9/10/12 map is below.


September 10 2012 Elk Herd Locations near Ponca, AR

9/10/12 Elk Herd Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.