Friday, September 21, 2012

9/21/12 Elk Location Report & Narrative

Today is "moving day". Now and then due to conditions elk move between fields and seem to be gone. They are not, they are just less visible for a time.

A mid-valley herd I observed last evening should turn up further south today. My guess is that they will enter the field at the intersection of 43 & 21. Nobody really knows for sure.

Bugling is common now in herds with bulls.

I can see a herd behind the cane line in the Smith Creek field, but it is not visible to the most. They should also re-enter the field this weekend.

Be especially careful in the "red elk" danger zones ID'ed below. There are many young bulls grazing on the roadsides. One of them is tame in the area 1/2 mile north of the mill pond. He is slow getting off the road.

I will be reporting on the updated herd positions each day this weekend. Current map is below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.