Friday, September 7, 2012

9/7/12 Elk Viewing Good, Runners in Valley Saturday AM

Last night's rain storms signal a weather change, and the elk like it. This weekend should be great viewing weather with predicted highs in the low 80's.  Get here at daybreak or visit in the evenings to see the elk.

The early elk rut is now just one week off.  This blog will be frequently updated during the rut, at least 3-5 days a week.

Note this weekend is the annual Run for the Elk road race http://www.buffaloriverrun.com/. The Saturday race will travel Boxley Valley from 8AM on.

Watch for runners the entire length of the valley.

The best elk viewing will be before the race. Lately the morning elk show is over by 8AM.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.