Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Elsewhere in Boxley Valley

While we are in the grip of the elk rut it is easy to forget the richness of the Buffalo National River. The very earliest fall color is now coming on. Before and after the elk leave the viewing fields, Boxley Valley is an attraction in itself.

Buffalo National River at Ponca, September 22, 2012
The Buffalo River at the Ponca Access 9/22 PM
There are plenty of old buildings and other scenic venues. This landscape was an afterthought, but not too bad and enjoyable to experience. Elk are in the field just south of this section of the river and fairly often can be photographed drinking from the river.

There are other animals as well.  This morning I had a nice shoot of river otter.

Every day is different, the light, the elk, the animals. There is nothing quite like Buffalo National River in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.