Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13/12 Elk Viewing Remains Excellent

While everyone imagines the elk season is over, that is far from the truth. As I have written many times, this is prime time for photographers and elk watchers. The only thing that has tailed off is bugling, but viewing is very good.

Modern gun season is underway for whitetail deer, so if you visit be on the lookout for deer that are running everywhere now and all day long.

The elk herd map is below. 5 herds are active in the valley below. All bull herds are beginning to emerge and these are a real treat for antler fans. There are still rutting herds finishing up the second estrous period.


11/13/12 Elk Herd Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.