Thursday, November 15, 2012

11/15/12 Picture of the Day

This was take a few days back. This monster bull elk is sniffing the air for an estrous female. The cow elk on the right is keeping her eye on him.

He remains in the rutting pattern, while some other bulls have transitioned to a post-rut pattern. These  seasonal patterns always blend like this. This bull, the Boxley Stud, is a 9x8, is a monster, and you can see him around the 43/21 intersection.

There is now a pretty large all-bull herd in the middle valley. Early visitors to the valley will often see these big guys grazing right along the road. This is a definitely a great wildlife watching and photographic opportunity.

The Boxley Stud in November
November and December Elk Viewing is Outstanding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.