Sunday, November 4, 2012

Picture of the Day 11/4/12

There are many ways to take pictures of elk. Context is important, but there is also telling the story of a day in the life of an elk. Here the biggest elk in Boxley Valley, the Boxley Stud is bedded down for the morning with two cow elk, each with a calf.

This is a snapshot of bedding down after the morning grazing has stopped for the most part around 10 AM today. These elk will be pretty inactive until the evening grazing begins around 4 PM. This is a pretty standard pattern in the late fall. Just one month ago this bedding down was done out of sight at remote bedding areas.

Big elk and harem bedding down in Boxley Valley
The Boxley Stud & Harem Bedded Down 11/4/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.