Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11/20/12 Image of the Day

Today is moving day. No point to do a map because it is already wrong. The herds that were in the north end of Boxley Valley are heading south. I caught them moving from one area to the other this morning, and along the way got real close to the Boxley Stud, this year's big bull. Here he is "winding" me as I lay on the ground in front of him about 30 yards away.

I expect the herds to move to the south fields today or tonight. They are outstanding for elk viewing. Only tomorrow will tell for sure. They have been in the north fields for a long time, they were overdue for a move south.

Trophy Bull Elk, the "Boxley Stud"
The "Boxley Stud" Winding Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.