Thursday, September 11, 2014

2014 Elk Rut Starts Anytime

If past experience means anything, the elk rut will be in full gear in 2 weeks. Current activity in Boxley Valley shows only the smallest hints of the rut. 2
herds of cow elk are awaiting the bulls. Elk are concentrated from the 43/21 intersection and south, especially south of the Buffalo and Cave Mountain Road. I have been down in the valley a few times in the last few days and that is what I see. I parked for a half hour listening for a bugle and heard none. The boys should arrive any time.  The Smith Creek field is most active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.