Monday, September 22, 2014

Maverick Bull Elk, 2014 Elk Rut in Boxley Valley, Buffalo National River
Maverick Bull Elk 
I took this picture in thin fog. 1/20th of a second wide open at ISO 2000. This is a maverick bull hanging out near the rutting herd by the 43/21 intersection. It is just a matter of time before he joins that group and challenges for the harem. In the meantime he is hanging out in the woods.  I am told that evening viewing is good. Would be nice to have better light. This shot is more or less impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.