Sunday, September 21, 2014

9/21/14 Elk Map & Report

This morning there were 2 rutting herds in Boxley Valley, one in the Smith Creek Field and a second in the Ponca fields. In both places there was bugling. In the Smith Creek Field there were 4 challenger bulls to the current herd bull so there was more bugling on the south end. A number of photographers and elk watchers were in the valley. I would estimate at least 50 elk fans today. Elk viewing was done by 9AM. The Smith Creek field is now primed for a bull fight. There was some evidence this morning. 


9/21/14 Elk Herd Location Map, Boxley Valley, near Ponca, AR
9/21/14 Elk Herd Locations



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.