Monday, September 15, 2014

Stage Set for Bull Fight in South Boxley Valley

The stage is set now for a bull fight in the south end of Boxley Valley. There is a herd bull with a harem in the Smith Creek field. This field has a few trails down to the river where challenger bulls can attack the current herd bull. This can happen at any time of day, visitors are most likely to observe a fight mornings and evenings. See the video below so you can get the idea of what a real fight is like. It happened in this same field.  The current herd bull is bugling a lot so he is nervous about protecting his harem.  The timing is ideal now. Usually around October 1 the very biggest bulls arrive and they roam along the river.







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Pb_s1SG1o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.