Monday, September 22, 2014

9/22/14 Elk Report

Elk viewing was good this morning. There were 3 herds visible. More bulls are showing up now every day to the rut. This is prime bull fight season, as existing herd bulls defend their harems from arriving challenger bulls. Typically the biggest bulls arrive around October 1, but there are some big boys among the early herd bulls. There is a small all-bull herd at the 43/21 Intersection. There are now a good number of photographers and elk watchers coming to the valley to see the elk and hear them bugle. We now have perfect early fall weather, ideal for being outside hiking, riding, floating, and wildlife watching. Evening viewing is strong too according to photographers I talked to.
9/22/14 Elk Herd Positions in Boxley Valley, near Ponca, AR
9/22/14 Elk Herd Location Map



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.